Deliver HTML versions of existing products for company
Case Study - Local Source
Horizon International assisted Interactive Channel in deploying its LocalSource product as part of the Liberate Trial Pack. This was a trial of the Liberate TV Navigator for DTV platform as deployed by participating Cable MSOs utilizing digital set top boxes. The goal of this project was to deliver an HTML version of the existing LocalSource product that is compatible with the specifications of the Liberate TV Navigator for DTV platform. Interactive Channel developed the UI. Navigational architecture and server side architecture of the product were developed by the development team of Horizon International.
- Analyzed the server side architecture and Navigational architecture of existing LocalSource product.
- Designed and developed the server side architecture and Navigational architecture..
- Designed and Developed the JSP pages for cross-browser compatibility across IE, NS and Web TV emulator.
- Coded Dynamic loading of the data from various sources like XML, Excel, Text files, Tables...etc.
- Created services to carry out the dynamic data loading of the JSP pages.
Architecture Design Benefits:
- Simple and easy Navigational architecture for JSP pages.
- Robust database design that accommodates any level of navigation desired.
- Dynamic data loading from varied sources can be glued with little effort.
JSP, JDBC, Oracle, XML.